Alexandra KordosiPsychologist / Psychotherapist (ΜΑ., BSc., Pg.Cert.)
Psychology For Us
TAKING CARE OF OUR SOULS LIVING A HARMONIOUS LIFE WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS
Parent Counselling and Family Therapy
Usually both members of the couple seek counselling from a professional due to a specific problem / anxiety they face in relation to their child / children.
Broader issues of the family can be examined in the context of family therapy.
- The child / adolescent is diagnosed with developmental disorders (Autism spectrum, ADHD etc.)
- The child / adolescent displays learning difficulties
- The child / adolescent displays emotional problems, offensive or challenging behavior
- Specific anxieties, phobias or difficulties
- Intensive competition between siblings
- Child–upbringing difficulties
- Difficulties related to the child's / adolescent's sexual identity
- Physical, psychiatric or auto-immune problems in a family member
- Poor communication and systematic conflict between family members
- Fights or abusive behavior
- Alliances or isolation between family members
- Autonomy and Boundary related Issues
In Parent Counselling as well as in Family Therapy, the therapist will assess the Family’s History and the nature of the members’ difficulties. Depending on the members’ needs, the child’s age and other factors, it will be assessed whether parents should be in counselling alone, or should the child or adolescent be in therapy as well. Because in my private practice I see only adults and adolescents, in case there is a need for child therapy, a referral will be made to some other specialist or center specific to the child’s needs. The course of action will depend on the family’s needs and will be one that respects the members’ confidentiality.